Anonymous asked:hi! I'm just curious, what visa are you using while you're in Scotland? good luck with your travels!
Hi!!! I got a Tier 4 General visa for Scotland. The visa process was incredibly confusing for me, so I actually wrote out a list of what I sent in to the consulate in order for me to get my visa.
Here is what I sent in/little bits of information about a UK Visa.
- Apply for the visa online at https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/. Then pay for the application, and schedule your Biometrics appointment. Drive down to whatever location works best for you and bring what your appointment paperwork says to. There, they will input your information into the computer, take fingerprints, and a picture. You have 2 weeks to send in your application after this appointment.
- Fill out the Appendix 8 from the UKBA website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf). You will fill in the information your host school sends you when they send you your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies). This one has to be printed out and filled in by hand, then sent off with your application.
- Get your original bank statements which prove you can sustain yourself while staying in the UK. If you are outside London, you have to prove you can afford £800/month for a maximum of 9 months. If you are inside London, I believe it is £900/month for a maximum of 9 months. Make sure this has your name, address, bank logo, bank name, and account numbers. Then convert the American dollar amount to the GBP amount and write it on each bank statement you may have. Important: if these bank statements are in your parents’ names, you have to have your parents write a letter saying that you are their child, and you are allowed to use the money in their bank accounts. Then, you also have to send in your original birth certificate to prove you are, in fact, their child.
- If you have any old/expired passports, you have to send it/them in.
- Get 2 passport pictures taken. Costco does them in an hour.
What I sent with my application:
- A handwritten copy of my Visa Application Form (solely because I had it filled out before I knew you had to apply online)
- Appendix 8
- Both my current and expired passports
- Bank statements with GBP conversion written on them
- 2 passport photos (they use these on your actual visa paper so make sure it’s a picture you’re okay with.)
- Letter from my mom, stating I was her daughter and I could use the money from her bank accounts. She wrote which banks they were from and what the specific account numbers on it, just to be safe. Make sure it’s signed and dated.
- My original birth certificate to prove I was related to my mom.
- Papers from my biometric appointment
- A copy of my CAS from my host school. I did this just to be safe, but never read anywhere it was necessary
Check the UKBA website to be sure you have everything needed. (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/evidence/)
I hope this helps!!!!